Monday, December 9, 2013

Cut up vinyls

Cutting up vinyls and replacing pieces of them from another record was very interesting and the outcome is very unexpected. During the process of cutting up pieces for my vinyl project I cut my thumb with a box knife and was unable to finish. However, I did try and play with using rounded edges in a "squiggle" like fashion versus straight angles like a triangle to makes things a little more interesting. Two the vinyls that I was planning to use was a rock genre record by Asia and a dubstep themed record called The Animators. I thought the two records would create an interesting mix between the relaxing sound of rock and the intense beat of dubstep. The outcome of other classmates vinyl pieces were very interesting and the sounds were chaotic. Destroying vinyls seemed like a waste but in the end, the outcome became something new and intriguing to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment